Minutes from the Area Pastoral Council Meeting on Tuesday, 23rd of March
– All Holy Week Liturgies were held in St Mark’s church last year so this year it will be celebrated from St. Thomas the Apostle Church, Jobstown.
- There will be Easter gardens outside St Mark’s and St Thomas the Apostle Churches.
- Ministers of the Word and those involved in Music ministry from all four churches will be asked to take part in the celebration of the Easter Triduum.
- Confessions will be available Monday to Friday of Holy Week from 11am – 12 pm at St. Mark’s church, Springfield.
– Details of the Vine Mass Group activities for the ‘Living Passion’ will be available on the Vine Group Facebook page and also parishes FB page & websites.
FIRST HOLY COMMUNION AND CONFIRMATION
– Parish will be following regulations from the Archdiocese.
– Resources are being prepared for sending out to schools.
OUR AREA OF PARISHES
– This cluster is seen as a good example in the Diocese of how things have worked between neighbouring parishes as they work alongside each other.
– Future steps to be taken of becoming one parish with many churches.
- Communication with parishioners will be essential on the opportunities & challenges we face in the near future.
OTHER MATTERS ARISING:
An application to build a block of rest rooms with disability access is currently being looked at in the church of the Incarnation in Fettercairn.
Thank you for your attention!
Area Pastoral Council